The Percentages of Return to Work
August 28, 2013
Numerous national studies have shown the longer an injured employee is off work, the less likely they are to successfully return to work.
- Injured employees off work for six months only have a 50% chance of successfully returning to work.
- After a year off work, this probability is lowered to 10-25%.
- Develop and educate employees on the procedures for returning injured workers to the workplace so everyone knows what to do if an injury occurs.
- Keep in touch with injured employees during their recovery so you are aware of their progress or any challenges they are facing.
- Work with CareWorks and the healthcare provider to identify alternative work options for employees to perform during recovery.
- Research shows work is an important and healthy part of the healing process.
- Early return to work can foster a positive sense of well-being and health for the injured employee and combats the negative mental and physical effects of being off work.
- It shifts the employee’s focus from disability to ability, and provides a sense of job security.
Tips for promoting early return to work?
To learn more about establishing an early return to work program to help best manage your workplace injuries, talk with your individually assigned CareWorks Account Executive today at 1-888-627-7586.
Thank you for continuing to support CareWorks as your selected Ohio workers’ compensation managed care organization (MCO). From all of us, have a safe, happy and healthy Labor Day Weekend!!!